Oral Presentation Guidelines
Please follow the below guidelines for ICCG Conference 2024 oral presentations. If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program is available to view here. If you decide to withdraw your abstract, please advise us as soon as possible so that the program can be adjusted accordingly.
Please create a PowerPoint presentation in a 16:9 ratio, as a visual aid to your oral presentation. Take this presentation on a USB still to the AV technicians in the room you are presenting in well before your scheduled presentation. The AV technician will copy your presentation onto the Conference computer, and the original will be returned to you. If your presentation contains digital video, please be sure to deliver your files to the technician several sessions ahead of your presentation in order to allow time for testing.
- Abstract finalists - please prepare your 15 minute presentation to consist of 12 minutes presentation and 3 minutes for questions.
- Other speakers - please refer to the program for the length of your presentation and allow 3 minutes within your presentation for questions.
- Please take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with your session venue (details will be in the App and Handbook) and audio visual equipment before you are scheduled to speak.
- Please be in your session room least 10 minutes prior to the start of the session to introduce yourself to the Session Chairs.
- A central timing system will be used in the rooms. Please keep to the time, it will be visible on a digital countdown clock infront of you when you are speaking.
Slides for your Disclosure Statement
Please download the PowerPoint disclosure slides. These slides are required for all presentations. One of these slides needs to be included at the beginning of your presentation.
- If you have any conflicts of interest, please indicate on the first slide and include at the start of your presentation.
- If you do not have any conflicts of interest, please include the second slide at the start of your presentation.
Please note that acceptance of your abstract is taken as confirmation of your agreement to have your abstract published in the Conference app.
Accepted abstracts will be formally published by Heart, Lung and Circulation.
By submitting this abstract, you are confirming that:
- ALL co-authors have been listed, with correct spelling, in the correct order for publication, and that their institutions/affiliations have been clearly identified, including the town/city, state, and country of institution.
- Within the publication, the presenting co-author will be identified by underlining. (That is, the presenting co-author will not [necessarily] be listed first).
- For academic integrity, NO additional co-authors may be added AFTER submission. Further, mis-spellings in author names may not be able to be corrected after on-line publication.
Accepted abstracts will be published by Heart, Lung and Circulation.
- For formal academic publication, "structured" abstracts (IMRaD) are preferred, with relevant subheadings included.
- For Journal style for conventions re spelling, units and references, etc, please refer to Heart, Lung and Circulation's guide to authors (online at www.heartlungcirc.org); and/or previous ICCG meeting abstracts available at: https://www.heartlungcirc.org/issue/S1443-9506(22)X0006-1
All presenting authors (oral and poster) must register and pay to attend the Conference by 12 April 2024 to be included in the handbook. Please refer to your acceptance email for a link to be eligible for early bird rates.
Students must submit a letter from their supervisor defining their student status and include a copy of their current student card when registering for the Conference.